The final exam is going to be broken into two different parts. Both are optional, but if you want the full 300 points you need to do them! Each part is worth 30 points. Please try to send them together. They are due before the end of term. There will be NO extensions for it…Cause it’s like, the end of the year!
This part is going to consist of several different options. The main point of the final is to show me that you have learned something in our journey through getting comfortable at HOL. Each option is worth 30 points, so only pick 1.
Create an advertisement for the class. By advertisement, I do mean art work, of course. It needs to include things you have learned from the class, but it needs to be something that would cause you to go ‘hey! that’d be a fun and useful class to take.’ Please try to use as much original artwork as you can (don’t clipart it together.) It needs to include at least 5 things that you learned about and why they are important.
Create a story about your first semester at HOL. The more creative, the better! It needs to be at least 500 words, and it needs to include 5 things you have learned from this class. This is to be a story, which has a beginning, middle and end. This is NOT an essay! If I am bored, I’ll be sad and take off points.
1. What did you like about the class? Be Specific.
2. What didd you not like about the class? Be Specific.
3. Do you feel like you benefitted from the class? (Please be honest. You won’t hurt my feelings.)
4. What do you think should be added for future first year students? How else do you feel the class could be changed to benefit first years more?
5. Is there anything you feel should be completely taken out of the class? Or do you feel things need to be reorganized in any way?
6. How would you feel if this class had been mandatory for all first years?
7. Any other comments or questions, please.
Each question is worth roughly 4 points. I am not looking for one worded answers, and if you give them to me, I won’t give you full credit. Please be honest. This is to better the class for future first years.